David Salomon, DDS
Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago (2017)
- Chief Resident, Jesse Brown Veteran’s Administration Hospital
- Chief Resident, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Chief Resident, University of Illinois at Chicago
Internship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Illinois at Chicago (2013)
General Practice Residency
Palo Alto Veteran’s Administration Hospital (2012)
Doctorate of Dental Surgery
University of Maryland School of Dentistry (2011)
- Gamma Pi Delta Prosthodontic Honor Society
- Dean’s Award for Community Service
Bachelor of Science, Finance
Syracuse University (2006)
- Cum Laude
- Dean’s List Honors
- Chancellor’s Scholarship
Dr. Salomon practices full-scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, including:
- Dentoalveolar surgery (impacted wisdom teeth, bone grafting, dental implants including All-On-Four)
- Adult and pediatric IV (intravenous) sedation / general anesthesia
- Reconstructive and Orthognathic surgery (dentofacial deformities, obstructive sleep apnea)
- Maxillofacial pathology
- Maxillofacial trauma
- TMJ surgery
- Trigeminal microneurosurgery (nerve repair)
- Infection management
In addition to seeing private patients at HSOMS, Dr. Salomon is on staff at Yale – New Haven Hospital where he serves as faculty for the Yale Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Training Program. There he oversees and teaches residents in both didactic and clinical settings.
Dr. Salomon has been involved in various research projects, presented at both local and national meetings, as well as authored several peer-reviewed publications.
Yale – New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT Yale – New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, New Haven, CT
Salomon D, Kolokythas A, Miloro M: Outcome of Immediate Allograft Reconstruction of Long Span Defects of the Inferior Alveolar Nerve. J Oral and Maxillofac Surg 74:2507-2514, Dec 2016.
Salomon D, Heidel RE, Kolokythas A, Miloro M, Schlieve T: Does Restriction of Public Health Care Dental Benefits Affect the Volume, Severity, or Cost of Dental-Related Hospital Visits? J Oral and Maxillofac Surg 75:467-474, Mar 2017.
American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons American College Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons AOCMF American Dental Association Connecticut State Dental Association New Haven Dental Association (Board Member) Shoreline Dental Association
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Dr. Salomon lives in Fairfield, CT with his lovely wife and son, and their two dogs.