Meet Dr. Matton
Seth Matton, DMD, MD | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon in Hamden
Nashua, New Hampshire
Education & Military Training :
- MD, Stony Brook University School of Medicine, 2014.
- DMD, University of Connecticut School of Dental Medicine, 2011.
- MS Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, 2008.
- BS Molecular and Cell Biology, Minor in Physiology and Neurobiology, University of Connecticut, graduated with honors, 2006.
- BA English; BA Sociology University of Connecticut, 2003.
- GTE Resident School, Advanced Individual Training. US Army Signal Center, Fort Gordon, Georgia. October 1997 – February 1998.
- United States Army Basic Training, Fort Jackson, South Carolina. August – October 1997.
For more information about Dr. Seth Matton or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Conforti, Dr. Johnson, Dr. Salomon, Dr. Steinbacher or Dr. Matton, contact us today!
Residency, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery 2011-2017
Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY.
Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY.
Northport VA, Northport, NY.
Chief Resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2016-2017
General Surgery Internship 2015-2016
Stony Brook University Medical Center.
Research, Presentations, and Publications:
- Matton, S., Romeo, G. Behavioral regression in 2 patients with autism spectrum disorder and attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder after oral surgery performed with a general anesthetic. JADA. 2017. 148 (7). 519-524.
- Ou, G., Charles, L., Matton, S., Gronowicz, G., Hurley, M., Kuhn, L., and Rodner, C.”Fibroblast-Growth Factor 2 Stimulates the Proliferation of Multipotential Mesenchymal Progenitor Cells from Aging Mouse and Human Bone.”J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2010 October;65A(10):1051–1059″
- The Comparison of the Proliferative Effects of FGF-2 on Mouse and Human Osteoblasts; Effect of Tandem FGF-2 and BMP-2 on Mineralization of Human Osteoblast.” Conference Presentation, 2009.
- “The Nature of Genetic Engineering and the Uses and Potential Abuses of Biotechnology.” Honors Scholar Thesis. http://digitalcommons.uconn.edu/srhonors_theses/21. 2006.
Memberships and Affiliations:
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Connecticut Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Yale New Haven Hospital, New Haven, CT
- Basic Life SupportAdvanced
- Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
Dr. Matton lives in Madison, CT with his wife, Kelly, and two young children, Brady and Bailey. Before he had children he enjoyed outdoor activities, biking, hiking the Connecticut trails, and going to the beach.